Monday, August 4, 2008

8/4/08: Charlotte Knights vs Syracuse Chiefs

Our last "new" team comes to Syracuse, as the Chicago White Sox's affiliate Charlotte Knights are here. The rest of the season will be teams that we have seen this year. It looked exciting for a bit, as both Joe Crede and Jose Contreras are on rehab assignments, but both players are MIA. Things went decent before the game and pretty good after, with the exception being the end. No one saw Lance Broadway leave and as of the time I left, there were still a few people (ie. a dealer and his "kids") waiting. I will be interested to find out what happened tomorrow. I'm not sure how much I can get tomorrow (Tuesday) as I have to work at 11pm, meaning not much I can do after. Also was a bit mad as I realized I never grabbed a few of the cards (a bunch of Mike MacDougals) that I wanted to bring with me. MacDougal was decent signing tonight, so I am sure I could have taken care of them... Also, former NFL player Chris Gedney was signing autographs at the game. I got him on an SU schedule poster, but did not realize he was going to be there, so I did not get my two cards of him signed :(

Books:

Charlie Haeger (Both)
Carlos Torres (2006)
Chris Getz (Both)
Jack Egbert (2008)

Cards:

Charlie Haeger - 1
Scott Sauerbeck - 1
Jerry Owens - 1
Tomo Ohka - 2
Mike MacDougal - 1
Jason Tyner - 1
Jason Childers - 1
Jesse Litsch - 1
Paul Phillips - 1
Brad Eldred - 2
Richard Dotson (Pitching Coach) - 1

Misc:
SU football poster signed by Chris Gedney

No comments: