Tuesday, August 19, 2008

8/19/08: New Hampshire Fisher Cats vs Binghamton Mets

It was a beautiful day for what looks to be my Binghamton finale for the year. Tonight they took on the New Hampshire Fisher Cats (Double A for Toronto). I made it there before BP even began, so I was able to snag a couple Binghamton players, although, as usual I was much more successful with the visiting team. New Hampshire was great, as I even had a couple players approach me while I was having a teammate sign. I thought that was pretty cool, even though I didn't need one of the guys (David Smith). I got him while he was with Syracuse, so I kind of felt bad not having anything for him to sign! Also for the Binghamton Mets, Luis Castillo was rehabbing. I was happy to have him sign the one card he did for me, although it seemed like others were getting two, which sucks. But I am not a dealer, so I'll get over it, lol! I was going to do the Mets pregame, but with all of the dealers looking for Castillo, I filled up on the rest of New Hampshire that I missed, excluding Brad Mills who was starting. I have to laugh at all the fuss over Castillo, I mean, he isn't exactly that great of a player in the first place, but I digress.

Books:

Jared Gothreaux (2006)
Robert Ray (2006)
Jacob Butler (2006)
Brian Dopirak (2006)
Andrew Pinckney (2006)
Ryan Patterson (Both)
Zach Dials (2008)
J.P. Arencibia (2008)

Cards:

Binghamton
Mike Carp - 1
Edgar Alfonzo - 1
Salvador Paniagua - 1
Luis Natera (Hitting Coach) - 1
Luis Castillo - 1
Eric Brown - 2

New Hampshire
Jared Gothreaux - 1
Eric Nielsen - 1
Marty McLeary - 2
J. P. Arencibia - 1

Different Baseball Cards Signed This Year: 549

No comments: