Thursday, August 14, 2008

8/14/08: Pawtucket Red Sox vs Syracuse Chiefs

Rehab was the word of the day for this game. Supposed to be around were Jeremy Accardo, Brian Tallet for Toronto and Bartolo Colon for Boston. Colon was no where to be seen, but as is always great at the stadium, the barricades were in place. Apparently, with the problems that occurred with Buchholz was here, management assumed that the same would occur for the many Pawtucket players who in normal situations would barely get told hi. So, the majority including me, went to the Syracuse side after the game. This was my only autograph attempts, as I didn't bother going to the game until midway through. I was happy to get the Pawtucket Bowden who was charting, while missing Edgar Martinez for the probably 10th time since I started trying to get him. I will say, Jeremy Accardo was the best rehab signer I have seen or even heard stories about. He signed everything I had, which was 7 cards and my prospect book! Insane. Rumor has it Colon may be pitching tomorrow, so I am sure the Pawtucket side will be mobbed...

Books:

Pawtucket
Michael Bowden (Both)
Syracuse
Jeremy Accardo (2006)

Cards:

Syracuse
Brian Tallet - 2
Jeremy Accardo - 7
Travis Snider - 2
Russ Adams - 1
Brett Cecil - 1
Pawtucket
David Pauley - 1

No comments: