Sunday, April 13, 2008

4/9/08: Indianapolis Indians vs Syracuse Chiefs

This was an interesting game. Now, in Syracuse..teams will send pitchers into the stands to do speed and pitch counts. They sit right behind home plate and are usually accessible. Well, 5 minutes before the game begins, Indianapolis pitchers Bryan Bullington and John Van Benschoten were sitting there doing nothing. So I go up to Bullington and ask him to sign my Prospect book, so I won't have to bother him after the game. Van Bendouchebag decides to chime in with a side comment (bare in mind I did not ask him for anything, nor even talk to him). Well, I am a very respectful guy, I apologize to Bullington (even though he IS signing the book) telling him I am sorry if I bothered him. Well, having this been the second time I have seen Van Benschoten act like a total jerk, I kind of state as I walk away that I can see why he is such a bust.

Now, if someone doesn't want to sign, fine. I have no problem with that. But there is no need to start some crap when I am not even talking to you. Someone who has played as bad as him (0-7 for Pittsburgh last year with a very high ERA) should be happy that anyone wants him to sign. But I digress.

Anyways for my low key day:

Bryan Bullington (2006 Book)

Cards:

Josh Wilson - 1
Ray Searage - 1 (pitching coach for Indy)

No comments: