Tuesday, April 8, 2008

4/8/08: Syracuse Chiefs vs Indianapolis Indians

I wanted to make a quick note to anyone that might read this. Autographs have been a hobby of mine since I was a very young kid. When I get multiple cards signed, they are different cards, as I keep and collect each autograph I get. I am not one of those guys who tries to get many autographs so that I can sell them. Everything I have ever gotten personally signed in my lifetime is still in my possession.

Anyways, a great night tonight for autographs, with two exceptions.

Indianapolis pitcher, John Van Benschoten and MLB vet, Craig Wilson were those exceptions. Both of these guys were arrogant and probably as bad as when I met Craig Hansen. The difference is, Hansen DID sign. Biggest problem is that I need Van Benschoten in my book, so this is a really bad thing for me. I could care less about Wilson.

On to the good guys:

For the book I was able to get:

Bryan Bullington (2008)
Marino Salas (2006)
Romulo Sanchez (2008)

For cards I got:

Steve Pearce - 2 (including a 2008 Topps gold card, which looks sharp)
Kevin Thompson - 1
Matt Kata - 1
Raul Chavez - 1
Ty Taubenheim - 1
Josh Wilson - 3
Carlos Maldonado - 3

This pretty much leaves me with very little to do the last two games of the series, besides a small amount of autos, and trying to figure out a way to get Van Benschoten

No comments: