Monday, August 17, 2009

7/31/09: Charlotte Knights vs Syracuse Chiefs

Final game of the series and for a good bit in Syracuse. Not a whole lot left to get, but I had decided I would try to get Van Benschoten. Yeah, swift move. I yelled his name three times while he was in the dugout. We assumed the first two times, since there was no reaction, that he could not hear due to the loud soundsystem in the stadium. Well, we realized we were wrong when he screams "WHAT" after my third call. Yup, still a prick. Surprisingly, however, after the game, someone got him to sign, so I was able to get my book. Well, he wasn't able to fit in the hotel van (weird on the final game of the series that they didn't have a bus to leave in), which helped me as someone else asked him to sign on his trip out for the second arrival of the van, and he signed what I had left. Yeah, the autograph means little to me except that I finally conquered the jerk. Also, we lucked out to realize that Justin Cassel, whom had been called up to Charlotte a few days before, was actually charting in the stands. We figured he'd be like most and just show up at their next stop.

I had hoped to get one more Elijah Dukes, as he was called up mid-game, but I was unable to get to him. Also, I missed an Aaron Poreda card, as by the time I heard he was traded, the hotel van was at the gates picking him and the others up, whom were traded. Bummer, but oh well.

Books:

Charlotte
John Van Benschoten (2006)
Tyler Flowers (2008, 2009)
Justin Cassel (2008)

Cards:

Charlotte
Daryle Ward - 2
John Van Benschoten - 3
Chris Chambliss (Manager) - 1

Syracuse
Ian Desmond - 1

Cards Today - 7, Overall - 550

No comments: