Tuesday, June 23, 2009

6/12/09: Pawtucket Red Sox vs Syracuse Chiefs

With round 2 of the Smoltz obsession occurring, as well as me showing up a couple minutes later than I wanted, I decided to skip Pawtucket pregame and go to the Chiefs side. It turned out to be a great decision. We noticed a guy throwing with the manager without a uniform on. I was lucky because Foli came over to sign (something he doesn't do often pregame). I ended up asking him and he told me it was Scott Olsen and that he was going to make two rehab starts with the team. I just so happened to have his cards on me, since I had all the possible rehabbers in my box, just in case. I was disappointed as he walked by me when I yelled his name and did not stop. Well, after the game started the guy I was standing next to told me that Olsen was sitting in the stands behind the bullpen. So I went over and sat in a different section to scope it out. Olsen got up less than 5 minutes later so I asked him if he'd sign. He signed everything I had, including a double I had which I got for the girlfriend. I have to say, it was quite nice to be the only one to have anything of him and I am guessing that's why I got all 10 items signed. Didn't get too much with Pawtucket after the game, but Jonathan Van Every actually signed, so that was a shock in itself.

Books:

Syracuse Chiefs
Zech Zinicola (2008)
Scott Olsen (2006)

Pawtucket Red Sox
Enrique Gonzalez (2006)

Cards:

Syracuse Chiefs
Scott Olsen - 8
Justin Maxwell - 1
Tim Foli (Manager) - 1
Darnell Coles (Batting Coach) - 1
Kory Casto - 1

Pawtucket Red Sox
Carlos Maldonado - 1
Jonathan Van Every - 1
Javier Lopez - 1
Freddy Guzman - 1

Cards Today - 16, Overall - 291

No comments: