Thursday, May 15, 2008

5/13/08: New Britain Rock Cats vs Binghamton Mets

Took a trip to Binghamton to catch Double-A game between the Mets farm club and the Twins farm club. I always like going to different stadiums, so figured why not, plus we don't get to see the Triple-A Mets, so it's good autograph opportunities. What was fun about Binghamton is that you are allowed to watch fielding drills and Home BP before they clear out the stadium before game time. The away team was more approachable during this period, so all the New Britain guys I got were during this period. I had tickets in the front row on the Mets side, so pretty much anything I got from them was right before first pitch. Did pretty well. Salomon Manriquez was great when he signed my book. He read the whole paragraph about him, and then came over after to ask if I knew where I could by the 2006 book because apparently he liked the fact that he was a ranked prospect! I tell you, the books often keep players around you longer, especially with "lower" ranked prospects.

Books:

New Britain-
Ryan Mullins (2008)
Oswaldo Sosa (2008)
Anthony Swarzak (Both)

Binghamton-
Dan Murphy (2008)
Jose Coronado (2006)
Fernando Martinez (2008)
Mike Carp (2008)
Salomon Manriquez (2006)
Nick Evans (2008)
Eddie Kunz (2008)

Cards:

New Britain-
Yohan Pinto - 1
Floyd Rayford (Hitting Coach) - 1

Binghamton-
Eude Brito - 2
Ricky Bones (Pitching Coach) - 1

No comments: